14 Tips For Building A House For Dogs
A gift for a good friend never hurts. These 14 tips to build a house for dogs will help us to consensus it. The daily coexistence provides love, company, security and a lot of joy to the whole family.
Factors to be assessed
There are several factors to consider when building a house for dogs. Think about the size, weight, age and coat of the pet; a small, medium or large dog will have different needs.
It is also necessary to take into account the breed or if it is a puppy that will continue to grow; its weight also increases every month as it reaches adulthood. The fact that you have little or a lot of hair is also an important factor.
A safe and happy pet
most important thing is that the pet feels safe, comfortable, happy, clean and pampered day and night. Location is another fundamental aspect; it usually places its space in the garden, garage or in a place where the dog does not feel hot or cold, depending on the season.
The design of the dog house should be in accordance with your temperament and customs. There are dogs that are usually very active, restless, playful. Others are passive and sleepy.
A clean and dry shelter
Always remember that the dog house is a shelter that has to be kept clean and dry, isolated from dust, sand, wind or rain. Also insects and vermin to prevent the dog from getting sick.
Ideally, build a modern, practical and strong house for the pet. Their affection, fidelity and companionship will thus be well rewarded.
14 tips for building a house for dogs
Here are some very important tips when building a dog house:
- Dog houses can be built of wood or plastic. The material will depend on its location, outside or inside the house.
- One recommendation is that the construction should be of quality; that it be durable, withstand climate change and remain in good condition.
- The base of the dog house can be made with wooden or concrete plates (floor) on a surface higher than the floor. This can be covered with blankets that are easy to change and wash.
- The length of the house should be one and a half times the length of the dog without the tail. The width will be estimated by measuring 3/4 parts of the length of the dog’s body, also without the tail.
- For the height you need to add ¼ more of the height to the dog’s head. In the calculation of the input six centimeters will be added to the measure between the shoulders of the can.
- The entrance must be appropriate to the size of the dog, preferably rectangular or semi-circular. Wide enough to make it comfortable for you to enter and do not choose to sleep elsewhere.
- If the house is wooden, it is ideally to build it with counterveneer plates, roof panels and walls. It is desirable to varnish the interior to ensure the hygiene of the shelter.
- Once you have the dimensions ready, you can cut the wood with an electric saw. You can also take them to the sawmill so they can be cut to size . This will facilitate the construction process.
- To join the plates we will use tips, cold glue and screws.
Painting, ceiling and containers in the house for our pet
- When painting, use non-toxic materials. Synthetic enamel or oil are ideal.
- A removable roof, anchored with hinges, is recommended for easy cleaning. The roof must be tilted and have eaves to prevent rain water, sun or snow from entering. You can also use asphalt tiles to give it a touch of elegance.
- It is not advisable to fix carpets inside the house. They will get dirty regularly and it will be difficult to change them. Instead, the best is bedspreads or pillows for the pet to rest.
- It is best to keep water and food containers out of the house. This will ensure a longer lasting cleaning.
- Placement of accessories on the front will help you customize the house for your dog.A plaque with his name is indispensable. The brightly coloured walls and hooks for hanging your straps are excellent alternatives.
Your own space
A pet is always a good friend, part of the family and often the spoiled one. Pampering, entertaining and loving him is part of our commitment to him. These 14 tips for building a dog house will give you your own space; you will be free to use it at your will, to sleep or rest, according to your preferences.